Langan has an opening for a Traffic / Transportation Engineer with 6 to 10 years experience in its Southpointe Canonsburg, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing as well as working on traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, traffic event management studies, and traffic signal / roadway design projects. The candidate must be knowledgeable in the application of traffic engineering and transportation planning principles along with the ability to coach, train, and oversee staff. The candidate must possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, and strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree in Civil Engineering preferred;
- PE license preferred; or ability to obtain within 1-2 years;
- 6 -10 years experience in traffic/transportation engineering, traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrants, parking studies, driveway design, and traffic signal design;
- Familiarity with township, City, and PA state permitting; OH and WV permitting experience desirable;
- Thorough understanding of the PennDOT HOP process;
- Effectively manage multiple clients and projects;
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets;
- Effective public speaking skills; public testimony experience desirable;
- Strong customer service skills and responsiveness to client needs;
- Experience with HCS, SYNCHRO and the MUTCD is required; Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation are a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage, coach, and train staff;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability to occasionally travel and participate in field work; and
- Ability to work overtime during evening and/or weekends, as needed by project schedule.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. EOE.
To apply for this job please visit www.langan.com.