Langan has an opening for a Traffic / Transportation Engineer with 3 to 6 years experience in its Southpointe Canonsburg, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting with traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, traffic event management studies, and traffic signal / roadway design projects, and leading specific assignments and tasks associated with these projects. The candidate must be knowledgeable in the application of traffic engineering and transportation planning principles along with the ability to coach, train, and oversee entry level staff and co-op students. A successful candidate must possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- FE/EIT certification, apply for PE exam upon meeting requisite experience;
- 3-6 years experience in traffic/transportation engineering, traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrants, parking studies, driveway design, and traffic signal design;
- Familiarity with township, City, and PA state permitting; OH and WV permitting experience is a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective public speaking skills;
- Experience with HCS, SYNCHRO and the MUTCD is required; Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation are a plus;
- Ability to oversee, coach, and train entry level and co-op student staff;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability to occasionally travel and participate in field work; and
- Ability to work overtime during evening and/or weekends, as needed by project schedule.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. EOE.
To apply for this job please visit www.langan.com.