PennDOT’s 2020 Summer Maintenance and Summer Internship postings are now live! There are a number of summer opportunities with PennDOT, including the ESTI (engineering intern) program, GSI program, Summer College Student and Highway Maintenance Worker opportunities. These jobs provide steady work all summer, with outside and some office opportunities.
Apply here or read on for more information.
College Student Summer Workers – $13.97 hourly
Assist in seasonal maintenance work, crash system input and analysis, and maintenance and custodial services at roadside rest facilities. Many students also perform laboring and flagging duties in maintenance organizations and at highway worksites.
- Must be a high school graduate or college student enrolled (or intending to enroll) on a full-time basis in a 2- or 4- year post-secondary education program for the fall semester.
- In good academic standing (as defined by a GPA of 2.0 or higher).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Special Requirement: Certain positions may require possession of a valid Pennsylvania Class C Driver’s License.
Highway Maintenance Workers – $13.97 hourly
Perform manual labor duties on highway maintenance and construction projects, assist permanent sign crews with tasks such as erecting and maintaining traffic signs and delineators, and related tasks at work sites along the highway.
- No previous experience or training required.
- Must have the ability to lift and move heavy objects of a reasonable weight.