Deadline for entries is August 9, 2019, by 2:00 P.M. No late entries will be accepted.
Any public/private organization engaged in the practice of highway and transportation engineering/construction in Western Pennsylvania is eligible to enter the awards program.
- Entries must be submitted to ASHE through a member of the Pittsburgh Section.
- Projects entered in the competition must be within a 125-mile radius of Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Construction of projects must have been substantially completed between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Each entry must be prepared in accordance with these Criteria (Page 1) and Entry Form (Page 2). Non-compliance with the rules will automatically disqualify an entry.
- See Page 3 of Information and Entry Form for Rating Guidelines
- Entries, including photographs, submitted for judging in the competition will not be returned.
- Firms may submit more than one entry.
The ASHE Awards Committee reserves the right to determine eligibility of all entries.
Send the original and four (4) copies to:
David Augustine, P.E.
c/o Johnson, Mirmiran and Thompson
Marquis Corporate Center Two
5313 Campbells Run Road, Suite 100
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
The owner, the designer and the contractor of the winning entry will receive a plaque acknowledging their achievement. Additional plaques may be purchased.
The ASHE Outstanding Awards will be presented at the Past Presidents’ Banquet on Saturday, October 19, 2019, at Rivers Casino Pittsburgh. Two of the winning projects will be recommended to ASHE National for consideration of Project of the Year.
Any highway/transportation construction project within the following construction cost categories:
- CATEGORY A: $7,000,000 or less
- CATEGORY B: Greater than $7,000,000 but less than $20,000,000
- CATEGORY C: Greater than $20,000,000
Entries will be judged on the basis of the work performed by the entering firm only and according to the weighted Rating Guidelines on the third page of the Information and Entry Form PDF.
DEADLINE for entries is August 9, 2019. Entries received after August 9, 2019, 2:00 PM will NOT be accepted.